Featured Recipe: Almond Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional, can eliminate if using salted butter)
Takes , serves 12-15.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined. Dough will be crumbly.
- Using a small scoop or spoon, make 12 to 15 balls. Place on cooking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Flatten each cookie ball with a fork or the bottom of a cup.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cookies will firm upon cooling.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.