Featured Recipe: Low Sugar Dirt Cake
- 3 Chocolate graham crackers
- 1 (3oz) box sugar free chocolate pudding
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (8oz) package Low-fat cream cheese
- 1 TB lemon juice
- ¼-1/3 cup truvia baking blend (sweeten to taste)
Takes , serves 4 .
- Crush graham crackers into coarse crumbs. In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon juice, and sweetener together until smooth.
- Make pudding according to package directions. Place ½ the graham cracker crumbs in to the bottom of a 4 cup glass mixing bowl.
- Place ½ the graham cracker crumbs in to the bottom of a 4 cup glass mixing bowl. Layer ½ of the pudding on top of that, followed by the cream cheese mixture. Smooth out as best you can, but each layer need not be perfect.
- Top cream cheese with the other ½ of pudding, then top with remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve immediately or within 24 hours. If desired, you can reserve the top layer of graham cracker crumbs until just before serving to preserve their dry, crumbly texture.
- Picture shows a glass shot glass with a baby spoon to demonstrate a single serving or dessert shooter option. Each shot glass holds about 2-3 TB.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.