Featured Recipe: Purple Slaw
Ingredients for slaw
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded as fine as you can get it
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (also called arils)
- 3 TB sliced almonds
Ingredients for dressing
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp each salt and black pepper
- 2 1/2 TB olive oil
Takes , serves 3-4.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in bowl large enough for the entire recipe. Once dressing ingredients are combined, add all other ingredients to bowl and mix.
- Serve within 24 hours. If it is going to be a few days between prepping the vegetables and serving, store the dressing and vegetables separately. Combine just before serving.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.