Featured Recipe: Sloppy Joes
- 3/4 lb of ground sirloin
- 1/3 cup chopped onion and pepper mixture
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons of mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 bag of red lentils cooked (2/3 cup dried)
- ground black pepper and salt for taste as desired
Takes , serves 8.
- Cook meat and onion and pepper mixture on medium high until fully cooked.
- Once meat is cooked, add cooked red lentils (will change color once cooked).
- Add 8 oz of can of tomato sauce and mustard. Stir until mixed. Sprinkle Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Mix until combined.
- Add optional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on rolls or salad with baked chips and dill pickles.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.