Featured Recipe: Street Tacos
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 packet Frontera taco skillet sauce
- 1 can black bean fiesta with mild chipotle sauce, corn and peppers
- Green onion for garnish
Takes serves 8-10.
- In large skillet or pan, heat olive oil and garlic on medium high heat.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown. While meat is cooking, chop onion. Add onion to cooked meat and saute for about 8 minutes.
- Add taco sauce and stir to combine. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add black bean fiesta mix and stir to combine. Simmer additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with (optional) fresh undressed cole slaw style cabbage, light cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese, Hope guacamole spicy green chili, light sour cream, and/or lettuce. Don’t want to eat the taco shells? Try the taco salad over a bed of cole slaw style cabbage with all the dressing.
Looking for a nice warm vegetarian dish for these cold winter nights? This stewed okra dish hits the spot! Served here with sauteed riced cauliflower and roasted broccoli. For meat lovers, I serve with a turkey burger over top the cauliflower and broccoli and top with stewed okra. Enjoy!
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.