Featured Recipe: Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- Sea salt
- Suggested equipment: George Foreman Roaster to cook chicken
Takes serves 4-6.
- Preheat roaster with olive oil, garlic and ginger with pan insert placed inside roaster. If not using the George Foreman Roaster, cook chicken in oven at 350 with garlic and ginger seasoning.
- Place chicken in roaster and sprinkle with sea salt. Cook for 25 minutes or until proper meat temperature has been reached.
- In a bowl, combine apricot preserve and vinegar to make the sweet and sour sauce. You can adjust the ratio of the preserves and vinegar to your liking.
- Once chicken is cooked, dice chicken and place in saute pan on medium low heat. Add sweet and sour sauce.
- Stir frequently and bring to low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with ‘fried’ cauliflower rice and sauteed cabbage.
Looking for a nice warm vegetarian dish for these cold winter nights? This stewed okra dish hits the spot! Served here with sautéed riced cauliflower and roasted broccoli. For meat lovers, I serve with a turkey burger over top the cauliflower and broccoli and top with stewed okra. Enjoy!
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.