Featured Recipe: Veggie Quesadilla
- Vegetables available in your fridge or freezer
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Garlic powder to taste
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- 2 tortillas
- Salsa, sour cream, guacamole or other favorite quesadilla topping
Takes , serves 1-2.
- Use a food processor or food chopper to mince vegetables available in fridge or freezer. Mince until extra fine in texture.
- Heat pan with olive oil to medium high heat. Saute vegetables until cooked through. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Spread refried beans on one side of a tortilla, top with cooked vegetables and sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with second tortilla and place back in pan until hot. Tortilla may golden and cheese should melt.
- Serve with your favorite quesadilla toppings.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes (optional).
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.