Seven Reasons Why You Need a Primary Care Physician
Good health isn’t a result of just diet and exercise. Screening and prevention are two important aspects of health and wellness, right along with nutrition, physical activity and mental wellness. The routine care you receive with a primary care physician can help you stay healthy and extend your life.
Here’s how a primary care physician supports your health journey:
- Access to and reminders about preventive screenings. Recommended screenings can ensure you have good heart health, prompt you to take steps to prevent type 2 diabetes and catch cancer early.
- Manage chronic conditions. If you have diabetes, asthma, arthritis or another chronic disease, your primary care physician can help you manage your condition.
- Knowledge of family and health history. Your primary care physician has the full picture of your family history and your health history to help address your risk.
- Lower healthcare costs. Receiving preventive treatment can lower your lifetime healthcare costs and reduce your chances of serious illness and hospitalization.
- Address health concerns before they become a problem. Seeing your family doctor when a minor injury or health issue occurs can help avoid an emergency room visit later.
- Referrals to specialists or other healthcare providers like physical therapy. Your doctor has a network of trusted specialists and medical professionals to help you with any specialized care you need.
- Access to health status and information. Easily access all your health information and records using your doctor’s patient portal.
Do you need a primary care physician?
Physician groups at Memorial Health System are accepting new patients: