Featured Recipe: Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 6 large hard cooked eggs
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 Tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Takes , serves 12 .
- Peel cooked eggs. Cut each egg lengthwise and separate yolk and white. Place yolks in a medium bowl and set whites on a serving dish.
- Scoop avocado (seed and peel removed) into bowl with egg yolks and gently mash with a fork.
- Stir in yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, cayenne and salt. Pick the consistency you like./li>
- With a spoon (or piping bag if you want to be fancy) fill each egg white with the avocado/egg mix.
- Decorate serving dish with cilantro leaves and enjoy right away!.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.