Featured Recipe: Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 1 bunch of parsley, minced very fine
- ¼ cup fresh mint, minced very fine
- 2 green onions (scallions), white and light green parts only, sliced
- 10 Grape tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cucumber, seeded and diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 3 TB fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 TB olive oil
Takes , serves 6.
- Shred cauliflower with a food processor or box grater.
- Place into a large bowl with herbs, scallions, tomatoes and cucumbers. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, cumin, lemon juice and oil.
- Pour over cauliflower mixture and toss to ensure dressing is mixed throughout.
- This recipe tastes best if dressing is added just prior to serving, but it does keep 1-2 days in the fridge.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.