Featured Recipe: Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half-rounds
- 2-3 carrots, cut into coins
- 3-4 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups cheese tortellini
- 3-4 cups chopped kale
- salt and pepper to taste
Takes , serves 6.
- Put all ingredients except tortellini, kale, salt and pepper into slow cooker. Remove chicken from cooker, chop roughly.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker, chop roughly. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and add tortellini and kale. Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes more. Tortellini will be cooked and kale bright green.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaves prior to serving.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.