Featured Recipe: Citrus Basil Fish
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 orange, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound fresh white fish, cut into even pieces
- Pepper to taste
Takes , serves 3-4.
- Place fish on center of foil or parchment paper leaving enough room to fold into a closed packet. You can try two packets depending on the size of your foil or parchment.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil on medium heat until onion and garlic are soft.
- Spread onion/garlic mixture on top of fish.
- Sprinkle basil over fish.
- Pour orange juice, lemon juice and orange zest over fish.
- Sprinkle fish with black pepper to taste.
- Fold up sides of foil and fold the top as you want a closed packet so your fish will steam cook.
- Cook on a hot grill or 400 degree oven for ten minutes. Set packet in a cookie sheet if using the oven.
- Fish is done when it flakes apart and is at least 145 degrees.
- Enjoy with a garden salad or your favorite veggies!
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.